Beginner Group Lessons
SUPing is one of the most fun things you can do! Ever heard the saying that it’s more than just a paddle and a board? That’s also true! It’s easy to stand up but getting the technique right can make all the difference to your experience.
What better location to learn than the beautiful calm Geographe bay with the iconic Busselton Jetty in the background!
Beginner group lessons are ideal for complete beginners, or for those who have already tried and want to learn basic techniques.
In a lesson, we cover:
- How to carry your board
- Equipment knowledge
- Basic paddle techniques
- Balance and staying upright
- Transitioning from prone to knees to feet
- Getting back on the board once you have fallen off (and you will fall off, it’s part of the fun!)
- Turning the board
Here’s what you can expect:
- Up to eight people in the group
- 90-minute class
- Suitable for age 12 + (if you have younger children, consider a Private Family session)
- All equipment including board, paddle and leg rope provided
Here’s what you need to bring:
- Wear something you don’t mind getting wet in
- Feel free to bring a wetsuit or rash vest
- It can get warm, so layers are a good idea
- You can leave all valuables in our trailer while we are on the water
- Bring a bottle of water and a towel, a hat, a smile and a good sense of humour!